Sunday, June 22, 2008

going green


In honor of our living room color, and as penance for the many, many truckloads of paneling, carpeting, drywall, etc. that we took to the dump, we are trying to implement some environmentally friendly habits.  Here's what I've come up with so far:

-Get rid of paper towels in favor of rags made out of Greg's old shirts: reducing waste and recycling all in one!

-Eliminate dryer sheets: reducing waste and saving money!

-Trading in my car for public transportation and possibly a bike: reducing emissions and saving money!

-Replacing rolls of toilet paper with a bidet: just kidding.

So far it's been going well, although as I wash out plastic baggies, I have to wonder whether the net impact is positive or negative.  I'm not throwing it in the trash, but I'm using water and soap to clean it out.  

Any other suggestions?  

No comments: