Monday, June 23, 2008

barefoot and in the kitchen


Setting up the kitchen was one of my favorite parts of the moving in process.  I invested in some (cheap!) Ikea jars for having all my grains accessible, and some spice jars for the same purpose.  I'm happy with the result, although it kind of makes me look like one of those rice hoarders who have been in the news lately.


A few years ago I tried to maintain a food blog, but it didn't last long.  However, I still love cooking and taking pictures of what I make, so perhaps I'll bring some of that to this blog.  The first meal I cooked in our new kitchen was an homage to South Philly--a tomato, basil, mozzarella pizza.  Unfortunately, the dough--whole wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe's--stayed goopy no matter how long I put the pizza in the oven, so I ranked it a failure.


My next meal was more successful--I marinated some orange roughy in a blend of olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, red pepper, and blue agave nectar (which tastes a lot like honey, but is less sticky.)

No comments: