Thursday, August 7, 2008

ah, the internet

I have a confession to make.  I am not an internet-humor kind of person, for the most part.  What I mean by that is, when someone says to me, either in an email or in person, "Oh my gosh, I found the funniest website/blog/YouTubeclip/etc., you totally have to check it out!" I tend to not do it. My reaction to that kind of statement is usually "eh."  I am not defending this behavior, because if or when I do actually follow the person's advice, what follows is almost always funny, and I usually enjoy it.  But for some reason, perhaps the same [unknown] reason that I hate stand-up comedy, I just don't seek out funny stuff on the internet.

Which is not to say that I don't spend ridiculous amounts of time online, frittering away my life, but it's usually on entertainment, news, or lifestyle (cooking, etc.) sites.

With that said:

Guys, I found the funniest blog today!  YOU TOTALLY HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT.  I'm not sure if it's because I actually for once had a fairly pleasant experience at the dentist today (6th visit this summer, one more to go) or because I am tired, but I have been looking at this site and laughing out loud, giggling, even occasionally whooping with laughter.

What is the site, you ask?  It is this: cakewrecks.blogspot.com.  The blogger simply posts pictures of cakes that are terrifying and funny, all in one.  For example, you wouldn't think someone would want a cake that looks like a messed-up foot or a piece of raw fish, but you would be wrong.  My personal favorites are the ones that demonstrate egregious misspellings and use of quotation marks by the decorators.

Please please check it out and let me know which is your favorite.  I'll tell you mine in the comments--don't want to ruin anything.  

2 comments:

Nicole said...

OK, my favorite one was posted a while ago, so you'll have to dig through the older posts, but it's a cake celebrating a baby, and the message reads:
"It a gril!" Yeah!

Unknown said...

I just came across that website a few days ago (via The Kitchn, thanks to you). I was cackling at my computer. My favorite is "Drrity Thrity."